Our offices will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023 in observance of Memorial Day. We will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, May 30, 2023. Banking services are available 24/7 via online banking, our mobile app and ATMs.
Enhance your online security with another layer of authentication
Protecting your personal and account information is our top priority. We take every precaution to ensure that your online and mobile banking experiences are secure. That's why in addition to our security questions, we are now including the added protection of security codes sent via text to your phone. It's easy to enroll through online banking and provides a simple, quick step to provide another layer of safety when banking online or with our mobile app.
- Login normally using your Username and Password. You may also be asked to answer one of your security questions.
- On the Set up phone numbers page, add your mobile phone number. This will be used in the future to send you an 8-digit security code by text or phone call to login.
- Upon clicking the Continue button, you will be taken to your online banking landing page listing your accounts and balances. You should also receive a “UMWSB Verification alerts activated” text message to confirm you have completed enrollment successfully.
After you're enrolled, your future login will be as follows:
- Login in normally using your Username and Password. You may also be asked to answer one of your security questions.
- On the Security Challenge page, select the option for Text Message or Phone Call to receive an 8-digit security code to enter in the Passcode box on the next login page. If you have more than one phone number on file with us, for instance a home or business phone number, you may see these phone numbers included in a drop-down list for the Phone Call option.
- Upon receiving the 8-digit code, enter it in the Passcode box to continue to online banking.
Simply go to Online Banking to Enroll
Online and Mobile Banking Security
Why is this extra level of security needed?
In today's world there is no such thing as too much security when it comes to your online and mobile activity, especially when it comes to your financial information. This added step of having a code texted to you when you access your accounts provides that extra layer of protection to discourage hackers and others who may try to access your information. It's an easy step that you may already be doing with other online and mobile sites and applications.
Does this affect my current password or security questions?
No, not at all. This is just a quick additional step to verify your identity when you access your accounts online or via mobile app.
How do I know if someone has accessed my account without permission?
The best thing you can do is watch your account(s). Look for transactions you didn't authorize or odd transfers/bills paid. To a degree, we watch for certain patterns on accounts too and may contact you if we notice any abnormal activity or an attempted change in your login information. If you suspect any unauthorized activity on any of your accounts, please notify us immediately by contacting your local branch office or calling customer service at 800-686-2052.
What should I do if I think my identity has been stolen?
We recommend consulting the FTC's Identity Theft guide. You'll find the link under Resources in the About navigation tab above.