Enhance your online security with another layer of authentication
Protecting your personal and account information is our top priority. We take every precaution to ensure that your online and mobile banking experiences are secure. That's why in addition to our security questions, we are now including the added protection of security codes sent via text to your phone. It's easy to enroll through online banking and provides a simple, quick step to provide another layer of safety when banking online or with our mobile app.
- Login normally using your Username and Password. You may also be asked to answer one of your security questions.
- On the Set up phone numbers page, add your mobile phone number. This will be used in the future to send you an 8-digit security code by text or phone call to login.
- Upon clicking the Continue button, you will be taken to your online banking landing page listing your accounts and balances. You should also receive a “UMWSB Verification alerts activated” text message to confirm you have completed enrollment successfully.
After you're enrolled, your future login will be as follows:
- Login in normally using your Username and Password. You may also be asked to answer one of your security questions.
- On the Security Challenge page, select the option for Text Message or Phone Call to receive an 8-digit security code to enter in the Passcode box on the next login page. If you have more than one phone number on file with us, for instance a home or business phone number, you may see these phone numbers included in a drop-down list for the Phone Call option.
- Upon receiving the 8-digit code, enter it in the Passcode box to continue to online banking.