At United Midwest Savings Bank our first priority is the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and communities.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) including the updates and guidelines from public health authorities and governmental agencies, such as the Center for Disease Control and the State of Ohio. As this continues to be a very fluid situation, our actions are based on the best and most recent information available.
Thank you for your continued patience as we all respond our best to the current situation.
Changes at Our Branch Locations
We continue to be here to help you with your banking needs, but want to do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). As a precaution, our branch locations remain open but will provide service via drive-thru or very limited lobby (West Manchester) access only until further notice, starting Saturday, March 21, 2020.
- We will maintain our same business hours:
- M-F 8:30 am to 5 pm; Sat. 8:30 am to 12 pm;
- West Manchester office: M-F 9 am to 5 pm; Sat. 9 am to 12 pm
- We encourage you to use the following to access your accounts:
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Access to your safety deposit box is available. Please call your local branch to arrange a time.
- If you need to meet with our manager or assistant manager, please call your local branch to make an appointment.
If you have any questions, please call your local United Midwest office.
Your Traditional IRA & The CARES Act
2019 Contribution Deadline – The deadline for making contributions to your IRA for 2019 has been extended to July 15, 2020 because the deadline for filing Federal income tax returns has been extended to July 15th. We encourage you to consult your tax advisor with any questions you may have.
2020 Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) – You are not required to satisfy an RMD for 2020. This includes Inherited IRA distributions.
Coronavirus Related Distributions – Withdrawals of up to $100,000 for coronavirus-related purposes may receive special tax treatment if the planholder meets certain qualifications. We encourage you to consult your tax advisor to learn more about these options, deadlines, and eligibility requirements.
Please visit the IRS website for more information about these changes.
Business and Retail Lending Are Available
Our Business and Retail Lending services will also continue during normal business hours. Many of our team members will be working remotely, taking extra sanitizing measures, and practicing safe social distancing. We remain committed to providing financing to small businesses and consumers in an effective and timely matter. Please feel free to contact your United Midwest lender, use our online business loan application or contact our Retail Lending division.
- If you have concerns about COVID-19 and exposure, we would strongly encourage you to take advantage of our ATMs and online and mobile banking options. These services are available to you 24/7. If you have questions about access or other accounts and services, please call your local branch office or the appropriate customer service number in the Contact Us section of our website.
- Please know that all of our employees are taking extra precautions with additional cleaning and disinfecting, availability of antibacterial products, and other measures as they become necessary.
- We would also encourage you to take additional security measures. Please keep in mind that United Midwest Savings Bank would never solicit you to provide your social security number, account numbers, or passwords by phone, email, or text. If you suspect you have been contacted fraudulently, please contact your local branch office or call 800-686-2052.
- For now, we will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate the need for additional measures as they arise. For more information about COVID-19, you can access the CDC website at cdc.gov, or visit the Ohio Department of Health at coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/